Prolific Senior Visual Designer and UI/UX Designer with a passion for creating engaging and intuitive user experiences and visual designs.
Over 10years combined experience in digital content creation, user experience design and project management.
Proven ability in combining user-centered design principals with user research and evaluation.
Demonstrated success in working within agile multidisciplinary teams and in client-facing roles, all while meeting deadlines and client expectations for quality, creativity, accuracy, and delivery.
- Serve as a bridge between the design and technical teams – excellent balance between creative and technical roles
- Graphic, web and user interface design
- User-centered design, research and testing
- Client-facing agile team environment and methodology
- Gathering, assessing, and documenting client requirements
- Ecommerce user experience and design
- Adobe Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
- Wireframing/Prototyping – Axure, Balsamiq, Marvel
- Website Analytics – Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst
- Content Management Systems (CMS) – WordPress
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Section 508C & WCAG 2.0 user accessibility guidelines
- Microsoft Office Suite – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access
- Audio Editing – Audacity, Audition
Senior Visual Designer / UX-UI Designer – Center for Disease Control (CDC)
– contract assignment via TekSystems – a global, leading provider of IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services
- Spearheaded the successful migration of the division website and contents (webpages, pdfs, videos, training content etc) from an existing legacy system to the WordPress responsive content management system.
- Conducted user and stakeholder research, visualized processes, created user flows, and generated heat maps to identify pain points.
- Using user research data, created wireframes and high fidelity mock-ups, designed responsive user interface layouts to optimize user interactivity and engagement. Executed usability and cross- browser testing across multiple devices for user experience and interaction.
- Analyzed web site statistics and performance data (using Site Catalyst, Google Analytics) and implemented the site metrics results to improve search engine optimization, information architecture, and mobile device optimizations.
- Collaborated within an agile development team to develop, optimize, test, and deploy over 750+ responsive internet web pages and 250+ intranet web pages for the Division of Tuberculosis Elimination at the CDC – with over 350,000+ daily users.
Role Achievements: Successful and on-target completion of migration project with no interruption to users, and no data loss during the migration process. Improved interactive design layouts, and an enhanced content/information architecture.
- Leaner and more efficient division website with over 30% reduction in redundant health communication information content and 25% increase in website user engagement and downloads.
- Over 27% increase for web page rankings in SEO Optimization on desktop devices, and 16% optimization increase for mobile devices.
Frontend Web Developer / UI Designer – Center for Disease Control (CDC)
– contract assignment via Caduceaus Healthcare – offers consulting and staffing services for the Federal Government
- Designed and created user interface (UI) designs for the National Center for Environmental Health at the CDC
- Developed detailed deliverables (wireframes, flows, prototypes, design comps, visual specs, etc.) that effectively communicated the designs to product managers and fellow developers
- Collaborated with health communicators to understand the various user needs and created user-focused concepts and solutions
- Successfully created and documented a detailed inventory of user personas and user stories of various users who access the division website – to be used for future case studies, research and analysis
Creative Art Director / Digital Content Creator
CocaCola Space Science Center – Columbus State University, Columbus, Ga.
Provided Creative Art Direction, production leadership and technical guidance to a multi-disciplinary staff of 20+. The team is directly responsible for translating technical and scientific information into actionable and easy-to-understand content on space, physics and astronomy. The center averages 100,000+ yearly visitors.
- Managed projects through all phases of development, creating concepts based on user interaction, designing, revising, troubleshooting, and producing a finished product.
- As project manager – comfortably and authoritatively, presented ideas and concepts to various audiences. Coordinated resources, tracked project timeline and resources to guarantee on-time project delivery.
- Produced storyboards, layouts and mockups for shows, presentations, podcasts and training videos/content.
- Provided training materials and educated teachers on creating podcasts and videos as supplement teaching materials.
- Established a development and production pipeline for the creation of in-house planetarium shows with annual sales of inaugural show estimated at $200k in annual revenue and counting (previous shows had been purchased).
- Created a 3D prototype for a $4million renovation project of a planned interior exhibit lobby space. Prototype served as integral visuals used to secure funding and sponsorship packages for the renovation
- Designed and developed an educational series of animation sequences for use in Challenger Learning Centers across the country.
Technical Business Analyst / Visual Designer
EagleDreamz Creative – Freelance Consulting Services in Business Analysis & Creative Design
Through in-person and remote consultations – analyzed client business and technical requirements and user needs. Provided user-centered design solutions for various small business clients.
- Designed and created user-friendly digital assets consistent with client style guides and brand strategy. Assets are usable in web, mobile, print, and interactive platforms. Managed design process from concept through to production.
- Gathered and translated project/user requirements into coherent wireframes, prototypes and storyboards based on input from clients – for use by a multi-disciplinary team and staff.
- Provided visual design direction by ensuring the team adhered to the project requirements, objectives, and timelines.
- Communicated with clients during the production process and ensured timely project scheduling, tracking and final delivery according to project schedule and budget.
SPECIFIC CLIENT PROJECTS: (see portfolio – www.EagleDreamz.com)
- BacoNetworks (an IT Consulting Firm) – Collaborated with client to identify and refine website requirements based on end-user needs. Created initial website wireframes. Working independently, provided logo design, image editing and website setup using Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, CSS and WordPress.
- Vein and Vascular Laser Institute and Aesthetics (private medical practice) – Collaborated with business owners and staff to determine business requirements and patient functionality for their website. Created initial wireframes and mockup concepts for site redesign. Completed website redesign based on functional needs, logo redesign and image editing using HTML, CSS, JQuery, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and WordPress.
- HauteCorals (an online jewelry store) – Working independently, provided logo design, image editing and ecommerce site setup using Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, CSS and WordPress. Implementd search engine optimization procedures, online payment system, and monitoring of website metrics via Google Analytics.
- Kitz Studios (online gaming) – Developed responsive website UI design proposal with custom graphics
Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Online
Facilitate the meaningful learning of fundamental-to-advanced graphic design concepts through various software platforms (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver) while effectively engaging class sizes of 12 – 20 students in an online learning environment for 5.5 week intervals.
- Facilitate meaningful learning of course concepts while effectively engaging students in an interactive online learning environment.
- Instruct students on graphic design concepts through use of programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver.
- Perform student assessment of learning objectives,
- Provide feedback on student performance, and perform timely evaluation of student work
- Explain and demonstrate – color correction, image editing, photo retouching, task automation, use of typography, and publication layout.
- Provide live tutoring and assistance in a virtual environment.
UI Design Intern
MediaLab – Massachusetts Institute of Technology
User Interface and Prototype Design
- Developed a functional prototype for a Graphic User Interface for an Information Kiosk used at MIT Media Labs Computer Clubhouse Network.
- The prototype interface made it easier to quickly navigate the various parts of information kiosk.
- Developed a system of recording user interactivity and responses to various parts of the Kiosk.
- Designed and implemented web pages for the kiosk as well as created an assortment of interactive and engaging age-appropriate content.
- Documented and analyzed user-interaction and response to the Information Kiosk.
- Masters in Business Administration and Management (MBA)
Columbus State University, Columbus GA.
- Masters in Digital Imaging and Design (M.Sci)
New York University, New York, NY.
- Bachelors in Computer Information Systems (B.Sci)
Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.